At The Columbus Laser & Vision Institute, we look forward to determining your candidacy for laser vision correction. To be eligible for LASIK surgery, potential candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be free of eye diseases including keratoconus, glaucoma, cataracts, corneal disease and certain retinal and optic nerve diseases.
- Be in good general health, and should not have uncontrolled diabetes, autoimmune or collagen vascular disease.
- Vision must be stable for at least one year prior to the procedure date
- Must NOT be pregnant or nursing
- Must not wear contact lenses for a certain length of time prior to your LASIK surgery consultation and LASIK procedure
- Should not continuously suffer from dry eyes
LASIK can be very successful when performed on the right patients, but it is not for everyone. This two-minute screening test can help you determine if you’re a good candidate.
This test does not substitute for a consultation. Please contact us to schedule a complete eye examination.